Re: PostgresQL 8 beta 4 bugs

От Kristian Jörg
Тема Re: PostgresQL 8 beta 4 bugs
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
-----Original Message-----
From: "Magnus Hagander" <mha@sollentuna.net>
To: Kristian Jörg <krjg@devo.se>, <pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org>
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2004 14:12:07 +0100
Subject: RE: [BUGS] PostgresQL 8 beta 4 bugs

> >Hello, I have found two bugs relating to the Windows port, i.e
> >installing on Windows XP Professional.
> >
> >1) Trying to install with finnish locale does not work, the service
> >starts but installation procedure halts in the end when trying to
> >install and activate "procedural languages" if I remember
> >correctly. It
> >seems to be reproducable every time. I tried installing with
> >the swedish
> >locale also which is very similar to the finnish, and that worked
> >without problems.
>
> Hmm. it installs just fine on my XP Pro (SP2) with Finnish locale.
> What does the log show for these issues? (It's in the PGDATA directory,
> in the subdirectory pg_log)

Hello Magnus!

I might have been wrong about this. I got finnish locale up and running on
another computer. It might have been something corresponding with the bug
below, that Harald explained could be due to the service process not being
stopped before trying to reinstall. I will look into both these matters
again.