Re: PostgresQL 8 beta 4 bugs

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: PostgresQL 8 beta 4 bugs
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
>Hello, I have found two bugs relating to the Windows port, i.e=20
>installing on Windows XP Professional.
>
>1) Trying to install with finnish locale does not work, the service=20
>starts but installation procedure halts in the end when trying to=20
>install and activate "procedural languages" if I remember=20
>correctly. It=20
>seems to be reproducable every time. I tried installing with=20
>the swedish=20
>locale also which is very similar to the finnish, and that worked=20
>without problems.

Hmm. it installs just fine on my XP Pro (SP2) with Finnish locale.=20
What does the log show for these issues? (It's in the PGDATA directory, in =
the subdirectory pg_log)

>2) When installing the first time everything is OK. A Postgres account=20
>is created. When un-installing and trying to install again,=20
>the postgres=20
>accunt is already there, and the installation program cannot handle=20
>that. Errors occur and instalation is impossible. Manually=20
>deleting the=20
>postres account before reinstalling is a workaround, however the=20
>installation program should be able to handle the postgres account=20
>beeing there.

I do this all the time, and I've had zero problems with this. Just input th=
e same username and password and it shuold be picked up and used without an=
y problems.
What errors are you seeing exactly?

//Magnus