Re: [GENERAL] Upgrading postgresql minor version

От Andreas Joseph Krogh
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Upgrading postgresql minor version
Дата
Список pgsql-general
På onsdag 10. mai 2017 kl. 16:55:50, skrev Ron Ben <ronb910@walla.co.il>:

I think you miss understood me.
pg_dump dumps the data. the tables, functions and the data saved in them.
I have daily backups for this so i'm not worried.

What i'm woried about are the "executables files". These files are what is actualy being updated when you update the version.
I want to be able to roll them back in case of upgrade failure without rolling back the data.

Basicly what I want is to save on the side all the files that will be change by the update and in case of failure just to replace them back.
Is it doable? How?

What about just re-installing the previous version the same way you installed the "patch-release"-version?

--
Andreas Joseph Krogh

Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Upgrading postgresql minor version
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Upgrading postgresql minor version