Re: Question about RUM-index

От Andreas Joseph Krogh
Тема Re: Question about RUM-index
Дата
Список pgsql-general
På fredag 17. juni 2016 kl. 13:53:34, skrev Oleg Bartunov <obartunov@gmail.com>:

On Fri, Jun 17, 2016 at 2:10 PM, Oleg Bartunov <obartunov@gmail.com> wrote:

On Fri, Jun 17, 2016 at 9:32 AM, Andreas Joseph Krogh <andreas@visena.com> wrote:
På torsdag 16. juni 2016 kl. 00:50:45, skrev Jeff Janes <jeff.janes@gmail.com>:
On Wed, Jun 15, 2016 at 3:56 AM, Andreas Joseph Krogh <andreas@visena.com> wrote:
Hi.

First; Is this the correct forum to ask questions about the Postgres Pro's new RUM-index?

If not, please point me to the right forum.

I think that https://github.com/postgrespro/rum/issues might be the best forum.

Oleg and friends; Should we use GitHub-issues as forum (one issue per question/thread?), pgsql-general or something else?

Andreas,

we are hardly working on our internal version of rum and will open it after resolving some issues. I think the best place to discuss it is -hackers.

Ah, as someone corrected me, we are working hard !

He he, I figured that was what you meant:-)

Ok, so basically - will RUM-index support the same indexing-properties as GIN (being able to index tsvector, BIGINT-arrays, JSONB etc.) and be able to use index for sorting on ie. timestamp, tsrank or some BIGINT-column?

Like my example, will it be possible to issue a query like this:

SELECT del.id                    , del.sent                FROM delivery del                WHERE 1 = 1
                      AND del.fts_all @@ to_tsquery('simple', 'hi:*')                      AND del.folder_id = ANY(ARRAY[2,3]::BIGINT[])
                ORDER BY  del.sent DESC LIMIT 101 OFFSET 0;

and have it use one RUM-index so the whole operation, including sorting, is as efficient as possible?

Thanks.

--
Andreas Joseph Krogh
CTO / Partner - Visena AS