Re: Question about RUM-index

От Oleg Bartunov
Тема Re: Question about RUM-index
Дата
Список pgsql-general

On Fri, Jun 17, 2016 at 3:52 PM, Andreas Joseph Krogh <andreas@visena.com> wrote:
På fredag 17. juni 2016 kl. 13:53:34, skrev Oleg Bartunov <obartunov@gmail.com>:

On Fri, Jun 17, 2016 at 2:10 PM, Oleg Bartunov <obartunov@gmail.com> wrote:

On Fri, Jun 17, 2016 at 9:32 AM, Andreas Joseph Krogh <andreas@visena.com> wrote:
På torsdag 16. juni 2016 kl. 00:50:45, skrev Jeff Janes <jeff.janes@gmail.com>:
On Wed, Jun 15, 2016 at 3:56 AM, Andreas Joseph Krogh <andreas@visena.com> wrote:
Hi.

First; Is this the correct forum to ask questions about the Postgres Pro's new RUM-index?

If not, please point me to the right forum.

I think that https://github.com/postgrespro/rum/issues might be the best forum.

Oleg and friends; Should we use GitHub-issues as forum (one issue per question/thread?), pgsql-general or something else?

Andreas,

we are hardly working on our internal version of rum and will open it after resolving some issues. I think the best place to discuss it is -hackers.

Ah, as someone corrected me, we are working hard !

He he, I figured that was what you meant:-)

Ok, so basically - will RUM-index support the same indexing-properties as GIN (being able to index tsvector, BIGINT-arrays, JSONB etc.) and be able to use index for sorting on ie. timestamp, tsrank or some BIGINT-column?

Like my example, will it be possible to issue a query like this:

SELECT del.id                    , del.sent                FROM delivery del                WHERE 1 = 1
                      AND del.fts_all @@ to_tsquery('simple', 'hi:*')                      AND del.folder_id = ANY(ARRAY[2,3]::BIGINT[])
                ORDER BY  del.sent DESC LIMIT 101 OFFSET 0;

and have it use one RUM-index so the whole operation, including sorting, is as efficient as possible?

we have implementation for timestamp. One need to write opclass to deal with arrays, it shouldn't be difficult.

Thanks.

--
Andreas Joseph Krogh
CTO / Partner - Visena AS