RE: Remove a redundant condition check

От Ádám Balogh
Тема RE: Remove a redundant condition check
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello,

-----Original Message-----
From: Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com>
Sent: 2020. június 26., péntek 11:09
To: Ádám Balogh <adam.balogh@ericsson.com>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers@postgresql.org>
Subject: Re: Remove a redundant condition check

>On Thu, Jun 25, 2020 at 11:23 PM Ádám Balogh <adam.balogh@ericsson.com> wrote:
>>

>> A one line change to remove a duplicate check. This duplicate check was detected during testing my contribution to a
staticcode analysis tool. There is no functional change, no new tests needed.

> Yeah, this duplicate check is added as part of commit b2a5545bd6.  See below part of change.
>
> - /*
> - * If this record was a timeline switch, wake up any
> - * walsenders to notice that we are on a new timeline.
> - */
> - if (switchedTLI && AllowCascadeReplication())
> - WalSndWakeup();
> + /* Is this a timeline switch? */
> + if (switchedTLI)
> + {
> + /*
> + * Before we continue on the new timeline, clean up any
> + * (possibly bogus) future WAL segments on the old timeline.
> + */
> + RemoveNonParentXlogFiles(EndRecPtr, ThisTimeLineID);
> +
> + /*
> + * Wake up any walsenders to notice that we are on a new
> + * timeline.
> + */
> + if (switchedTLI && AllowCascadeReplication()) WalSndWakeup(); }
>
> It seems we forgot to remove the additional check for switchedTLI while adding a new check.  I think we can remove
thisduplicate > > check in the HEAD code.  I am not sure if it is worth to backpatch such a change.

Thank you for confirming it. I do not think it is worth to backpatch, it is just a readability issue.
Regards,

Ádám

От: Amul Sul
Сообщение: Re: [Patch] ALTER SYSTEM READ ONLY
От: Ranier Vilela
Сообщение: Re: Remove a redundant condition check