Re: pgindent (was Re: [HACKERS] [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Preventivemaintenance in advance of pgindent run.)

От Piotr Stefaniak
Тема Re: pgindent (was Re: [HACKERS] [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Preventivemaintenance in advance of pgindent run.)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2017-06-14 17:05, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 14, 2017 at 10:38:40AM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>> btw, I was slightly amused to notice that this version still calls itself
>>
>> $ indent -V
>> pg_bsd_indent 1.3
>>
>> Don't know what you plan to do with that program name, but we certainly
>> need a version number bump so that pgindent can tell that it's got an
>> up-to-date copy.  1.4?  2.0?
>
> For Piotr's reference, we will update src/tools/pgindent/pgindent to
> match whatever new version number you use.

I would like to go a bit further than that. I see that GNU indent
doesn't recognize -V, but prints its version if you use the option
--version. I wish to implement the same option for FreeBSD indent, but
that would force a change in how pgindent recognizes indent.

As for the version bump, I briefly considered "9.7.0", but 2.0 seems
more appropriate as the 2 would reflect the fundamental changes that
I've done and the .0 would indicate that it's still rough around edges.

Сообщение: Re: pgindent (was Re: [HACKERS] [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Preventivemaintenance in advance of pgindent run.)
Сообщение: Re: pgindent (was Re: [HACKERS] [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Preventive maintenance in advance of pgindent run.)