Re: pgindent (was Re: [HACKERS] [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Preventive maintenance in advance of pgindent run.)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pgindent (was Re: [HACKERS] [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Preventive maintenance in advance of pgindent run.)
Дата
Ответ на Re: pgindent (was Re: [HACKERS] [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Preventivemaintenance in advance of pgindent run.)  (Piotr Stefaniak <postgres@piotr-stefaniak.me>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Piotr Stefaniak <postgres@piotr-stefaniak.me> writes:
> I would like to go a bit further than that. I see that GNU indent
> doesn't recognize -V, but prints its version if you use the option
> --version. I wish to implement the same option for FreeBSD indent, but
> that would force a change in how pgindent recognizes indent.

Not really a problem, considering we're making far larger changes
than that to the pgindent script anyway.

> As for the version bump, I briefly considered "9.7.0", but 2.0 seems
> more appropriate as the 2 would reflect the fundamental changes that
> I've done and the .0 would indicate that it's still rough around edges.

Yeah, +1 for 2.0.