RE: Time delayed LR (WAS Re: logical replication restrictions)

От Takamichi Osumi (Fujitsu)
Тема RE: Time delayed LR (WAS Re: logical replication restrictions)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On Wednesday, January 18, 2023 2:19 PM Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 18, 2023 at 6:37 AM Takamichi Osumi (Fujitsu)
> <osumi.takamichi@fujitsu.com> wrote:
> >

> > > Can you please explain a bit more as asked above to understand the
> > > difference?
> > So, the current difference is that the time-delayed apply worker of
> > logical replication doesn't apply the delayed transaction on the
> > subscriber when the subscription has been disabled during the delay,
> > while (in one example of a promotion) the physical replication does the apply
> of the delayed transaction.
> >

> I don't see any particular reason here to allow the transaction apply to complete
> if the subscription is disabled. Note, that here we are waiting at the beginning
> of the transaction and for large transactions, it might cause a significant delay if
> we allow applying the xact. OTOH, if someone comes up with a valid use case
> to allow the transaction apply to get completed after the subscription is
> disabled then we can anyway do it later as well.
This makes sense. I agree with you. So, I'll keep the current behavior of
the patch.

Best Regards,
    Takamichi Osumi

От: Maciek Sakrejda
Сообщение: Re: pg_stat_bgwriter.buffers_backend is pretty meaningless (and more?)
От: Amit Kapila
Сообщение: Re: Perform streaming logical transactions by background workers and parallel apply