Re: Time delayed LR (WAS Re: logical replication restrictions)

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: Time delayed LR (WAS Re: logical replication restrictions)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jan 18, 2023 at 6:37 AM Takamichi Osumi (Fujitsu)
<osumi.takamichi@fujitsu.com> wrote:

> > Can you please explain a bit more as asked above to understand the
> > difference?
> So, the current difference is that the time-delayed apply
> worker of logical replication doesn't apply the delayed transaction on the subscriber
> when the subscription has been disabled during the delay, while (in one example
> of a promotion) the physical replication does the apply of the delayed transaction.

I don't see any particular reason here to allow the transaction apply
to complete if the subscription is disabled. Note, that here we are
waiting at the beginning of the transaction and for large
transactions, it might cause a significant delay if we allow applying
the xact. OTOH, if someone comes up with a valid use case to allow the
transaction apply to get completed after the subscription is disabled
then we can anyway do it later as well.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.