Re: PSQL error: total cell count of XXX exceeded

От Hongxu Ma
Тема Re: PSQL error: total cell count of XXX exceeded
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Thank you David.

From the code logic, I don't think this check is meant to check the limit:
If it enters the double-loop (cont.nrows * cont.ncolumns) in printQuery(), the check should be always false (except overflow happened). So, if want to check the limit, we could have done this check before the double-loop: just checking PGresult and reports error earlier.

I wouldn’t be adverse to an improved error message, and possibly documenting said limit.

Agreed with you, current error message may even report a negative value, it's very confusing for user. It's better to introduce a limit here. Or using a bigger integer type (e.g. long) for them, but it's also have the theoretical upbound.

Thanks.