RE: row filtering for logical replication

От houzj.fnst@fujitsu.com
Тема RE: row filtering for logical replication
Дата
RE: row filtering for logical replication  ("wangw.fnst@fujitsu.com" <wangw.fnst@fujitsu.com>)
Re: row filtering for logical replication  (Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Dec 27, 2021 9:19 PM Hou Zhijie <houzj.fnst@fujitsu.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 27, 2021 9:16 PM houzj.fnst@fujitsu.com <houzj.fnst@fujitsu.com>
> wrote:
> > On Thur, Dec 23, 2021 4:28 PM Peter Smith <smithpb2250@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Here is the v54* patch set:
> >
> > Attach the v55 patch set which add the following testcases in 0002 patch.

When reviewing the row filter patch, I found few things that could be improved.
1) We could transform the same row filter expression twice when
   ALTER PUBLICATION ... SET TABLE WHERE (...). Because we invoke
   GetTransformedWhereClause in both AlterPublicationTables() and
   publication_add_relation(). I was thinking it might be better if we only
   transform the expression once in AlterPublicationTables().

2) When transforming the expression, we didn’t set the correct p_sourcetext.
   Since we need to transforming serval expressions which belong to different
   relations, I think it might be better to pass queryString down to the actual
   transform function and set p_sourcetext to the actual queryString.

Attach a top up patch 0004 which did the above changes.

Best regards,
Hou zj

Вложения