RE: New statistics for tuning WAL buffer size

От tsunakawa.takay@fujitsu.com
Тема RE: New statistics for tuning WAL buffer size
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
From: Fujii Masao <masao.fujii@oss.nttdata.com>
> I agree to expose the number of WAL write caused by full of WAL buffers.
> It's helpful when tuning wal_buffers size. Haribabu separated that number
> into two fields in his patch; one is the number of WAL write by backend,
> and another is by background processes and workers. But I'm not sure
> how useful such separation is. I'm ok with just one field for that number.

I agree with you.  I don't think we need to separate the numbers for foreground processes and background ones.  WAL
bufferis a single resource.  So "Writes due to full WAL buffer are happening.  We may be able to boost performance by
increasingwal_buffers" would be enough.

Regards
Takayuki Tsunakawa