RE: New statistics for tuning WAL buffer size

От tsunakawa.takay@fujitsu.com
Тема RE: New statistics for tuning WAL buffer size
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
From: Fujii Masao <masao.fujii@oss.nttdata.com>
> Just idea; it may be worth exposing the number of when new WAL file is
> created and zero-filled. This initialization may have impact on
> the performance of write-heavy workload generating lots of WAL. If this
> number is reported high, to reduce the number of this initialization,
> we can tune WAL-related parameters so that more "recycled" WAL files
> can be hold.

Sounds good.  Actually, I want to know how much those zeroing affected the transaction response times, but it may be
thetarget of the wait event statistics that Imai-san is addressing.

(I wonder how the fallocate() patch went that tries to minimize the zeroing time.)

Regards
Takayuki Tsunakawa

Сообщение: RE: New statistics for tuning WAL buffer size
Сообщение: Re: New statistics for tuning WAL buffer size