RE: Partial aggregates pushdown

От Fujii.Yuki@df.MitsubishiElectric.co.jp"
Тема RE: Partial aggregates pushdown
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi Bruce.

> From: Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>
> Is there a reason the documentation is no longer a part of this patch?
> Can I help you keep it current?

Here are the reasons:
  Reason1. The approach differs significantly from the previous patch that included documentation, the below.
    https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/attachment/152086/0001-Partial-aggregates-push-down-v34.patch
  Reason2. I have two options for transmitting the state value and I'm evaluating which one is optimal.
   One is what I presented you in PGConf.dev2024. The other is Jelte's one.
   He listened to my talk at the conference and gave me some useful comments on hackers. I'm very grateful that.
  Reason3. The implementation and test have been not finished yet.
Regarding Reason 2, I provided my conclusion in the previous message.

My plan for advancing the patch involves the following steps:
  Step1. Decide the approach on transmitting state value.
  Step2. Implement code (including comments) and tests to support a subset of aggregate functions.
    Specifically, I plan to support avg, sum, and other aggregate functions like min and max which don't need
export/importfunctions.
  Step3. Add documentations.

To clarify my approach, should I proceed with Step 3 before Step2?
I would appreciate your feedback on this.

Best regards, Yuki Fujii
--
Yuki Fujii
Information Technology R&D Center, Mitsubishi Electric Corporation