Re: Catching up Production from Warm Standby after maintenance - Please help

От Jennifer Spencer
Тема Re: Catching up Production from Warm Standby after maintenance - Please help
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi Scott -

> > But.  When the primary is vacuumed, re-indexed and all clean and shiny
> > again, HOW do I catch up with data changes that happened in the meantime on
> > my warm standby without corruption or >30 minutes of user down-time?  I
> > cannot re-ingest WALs from the warm standby into the cleaned up primary or I
> > get a PANIC, and I don't have time to run a full backup on the warm standby
> > and ingest it into the primary leaving everything down.
>
> If you've moved on, so to speak, with the new primary, you restart the
> old primary, now warm standby, the same way you initially created the
> warm standby. issue the start hot backup command to the primary, copy
> over all the data dir and start shipping WAL files to it before you
> start continuous recovery.

If I do that, the primary will not be clean anymore.  It will be as unvacuumed and index-bloated as the warm standby.  Or am I missing something?

Thanks,
Jennifer

Сообщение: Re: Catching up Production from Warm Standby after maintenance - Please help
Сообщение: Re: Catching up Production from Warm Standby after maintenance - Please help