Issue with some Postgresql ODBC drivers in SAS

От Shore, Ronald
Тема Issue with some Postgresql ODBC drivers in SAS
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc

Hi,

I connect to a Postgresql 9.4 database using Proc Sql in SAS via a Postgresql ODBC driver. When I’m using driver version 9.01.02, variables created using the SAS substring function on Varchar fields are properly set to the length specified. When I use either driver version 9.03.02 or 9.05.01, substringed fields are set to $1024. The length of Varchar fields that are not substringed are not changed.

I haven’t been able to find any references to this problem online including on postgresql.org. I can continue to use driver version 9.01.02, but would prefer to keep up with any changes made to the driver.

Are you aware of this issue? Any versions later than 9.01.02 that handle the issue as 9.01.02 did?

Thanks,

Ron Shore

Ronald D. Shore, MPH

Biostatistical Programmer, Research Unit Metropolitan Detroit Cancer Surveillance System (MDCSS)

Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results (SEER) Program Epidemiology Section, Population Studies Program, Cancer Institute Wayne State University (WSU) School of Medicine

Mailing Address: 4100 John R MM04EP

Building Address: 87 E. Canfield

Detroit, MI 48201

Email: shorer@med.wayne.edu

Phone #: (313) 578-4232

Fax #: (393)578-4306

McLaren confidentiality statement: "The information contained in this communication, including attachments, is confidential, may be privileged, and is intended only for the use of the named recipient(s). Unauthorized use, disclosure, forwarding or copying is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this communication in error, please notify me IMMEDIATELY at the phone number or pager listed above."