RE: [EXTERNAL] Re: Inserts and bad performance

От Godfrin, Philippe E
Тема RE: [EXTERNAL] Re: Inserts and bad performance
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Excellent idea David, silly me, I didn't think of that. For the other questions:
>How many partitions?
14
>How many rows do they have when performance is slowing considerably?
Not sure, maybe on the low millions
>Does this table get many updates or is it insert only?
insert
>What version of PostgreSQL?
13
>Are the inserts randomly distributed among the partitions or targeting one or a few partitions?
Sequentially one partition at a time, so each set of runs is inserting across each part.
>Are you able to capture an example and run it in a transaction with explain (analyze, buffers, verbose) and then
rollback?
Yes, I'm looking into that
pg