Re: case insensitive collation of Greek's sigma

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: case insensitive collation of Greek's sigma
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Jakub Jedelsky <jakub.jedelsky@gooddata.com> writes:
> during our tests of Postgres with ICU we found an issue with ILIKE of upper
> and lowercase sigma (Σ). The letter has two lowercase variants σ and ς (at
> the end of a word). I'm working with en_US and en-US-x-icu collations and
> results are a bit unexpected - they are inverted:

Not sure why you would expect en_US collation to give appropriate results
for Greek?  I think you'd need el_GR.

Be that as it may, Postgres doesn't define anything about this --- we
just rely on the collations supplied by the respective system libraries
(libc or ICU).  You'd need to file bugs against those libraries if you
think their behavior should change.