RE: [EXTERNAL] Re: WALWriteLocks

От Godfrin, Philippe E
Тема RE: [EXTERNAL] Re: WALWriteLocks
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

Have you thought about commit_delay and siblings?

pg

From: Don Seiler <don@seiler.us>
Sent: Thursday, April 29, 2021 11:12 AM
To: laurenz.albe@cybertec.at
Cc: pgsql-admin@postgresql.org
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: WALWriteLocks

Use caution when interacting with this [EXTERNAL] email!

On Thu, Apr 29, 2021 at 1:38 AM Laurenz Albe <laurenz.albe@cybertec.at> wrote:

My gues is that you have too many active client connections, and you are suffering
from contention between the many backends that all want to write WAL.

In that case, use a connection pool to limit the number of active connections.

We do have pgbouncer in place already.

Thanks for the replies so far.

What I really want to know in this case is if there is some other PG operation that accounts for a WALWriteLock wait, or is it always an I/O (write) to the WAL file storage, and we can focus our investigation there?

Don.

--

Don Seiler
www.seiler.us