Re: cvs head initdb hangs on unixware

От ohp@pyrenet.fr
Тема Re: cvs head initdb hangs on unixware
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 4 Dec 2008, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:

> Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2008 13:19:15 +0200
> From: Heikki Linnakangas <heikki.linnakangas@enterprisedb.com>
> To: ohp@pyrenet.fr
> Cc: Zdenek Kotala <Zdenek.Kotala@Sun.COM>,
>     pgsql-hackers list <pgsql-hackers@postgresql.org>
> Subject: Re: [HACKERS] cvs head initdb hangs on unixware
>
> ohp@pyrenet.fr wrote:
>> On Wed, 3 Dec 2008, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
>>> Could you zip up the FSM file of that relation  (a file called e.g
>>> "789_fsm"), and send it over? Or the whole data directory, it shouldn't be
>>> that big.
>>>
>> you get both.
>
> Thanks. Hmm, the FSM pages are full of zeros, as I would expect for a
> just-created relation. fsm_search_avail should've returned quickly at the top
> of the function in that case. Can you put a extra printf or something at the
> top of the function, to print all the arguments? And the value of
> fsmpage->fp_nodes[0].
>
>> BTW, this is an optimizer problem, not anything wrong with the code, but
>> I'd hate to have a -g compiled postmaster in prod :)
>
> Yes, so it seems, although I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out to be a
> bug in the new FSM code either..
As you can see in attached initdb.log, it seems fsm_search_avail is called
repeatedly and args are sort of looping...

--
Olivier PRENANT                    Tel: +33-5-61-50-97-00 (Work)
15, Chemin des Monges                +33-5-61-50-97-01 (Fax)

От: "Pavan Deolasee"
Сообщение: Re: snapshot leak and core dump with serializable transactions
От: Gregory Stark
Сообщение: Assertion failure in new outer/semi/anti join code