Re: cvs head initdb hangs on unixware

От Heikki Linnakangas
Тема Re: cvs head initdb hangs on unixware
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
ohp@pyrenet.fr wrote:
> On Wed, 3 Dec 2008, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
>> Could you zip up the FSM file of that relation  (a file called e.g
>> "789_fsm"), and send it over? Or the whole data directory, it
>> shouldn't be that big.
>>
> you get both.

Thanks. Hmm, the FSM pages are full of zeros, as I would expect for a
just-created relation. fsm_search_avail should've returned quickly at
the top of the function in that case. Can you put a extra printf or
something at the top of the function, to print all the arguments? And
the value of fsmpage->fp_nodes[0].

> BTW, this is an optimizer problem, not anything wrong with the code, but
> I'd hate to have a -g compiled postmaster in prod :)

Yes, so it seems, although I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out to be
a bug in the new FSM code either..