Re: unixware and --with-ldap

От ohp@pyrenet.fr
Тема Re: unixware and --with-ldap
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi Albe,
Thanks for your remarks
On Fri, 15 Dec 2006, Albe Laurenz wrote:

> Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 09:54:13 +0100
> From: Albe Laurenz <all@adv.magwien.gv.at>
> To: ohp@pyrenet.fr, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>
> Cc: pgsql-hackers list <pgsql-hackers@postgresql.org>
> Subject: RE: [HACKERS] unixware and --with-ldap
>
> > Here's the diff for configure.in that works for me.
>
> I have a concern about this patch:

I agree
> >       if test "$enable_thread_safety" = yes; then
> >         # on some platforms ldap_r fails to link without PTHREAD_LIBS
> >         AC_CHECK_LIB(ldap_r, ldap_simple_bind, [],
> >              [AC_MSG_ERROR([library 'ldap_r' is required for
> LDAP])],
> > !            [$PTHREAD_LIBS])
> >         LDAP_LIBS_FE="-lldap_r"
> >       else
> > !       LDAP_LIBS_FE="-lldap"
> >       fi
> > --- 1122,1139 ----
> >       if test "$enable_thread_safety" = yes; then
> >         # on some platforms ldap_r fails to link without PTHREAD_LIBS
> >         AC_CHECK_LIB(ldap_r, ldap_simple_bind, [],
> >              [AC_MSG_ERROR([library 'ldap_r' is required for
> LDAP])],
> > !            [$PTHREAD_LIBS $EXTRA_LDAP_LIBS])
> >         LDAP_LIBS_FE="-lldap_r"
> >       else
> > !       LDAP_LIBS_FE="-lldap $EXTRA_LDAP_LIBS"
> >       fi
>
> You left out the case where --enable_thread_safety is specified.
> In that case, the frontend has to be linked with libldap_r.so
> instead of libldap.so.

Yes, this was on purpose, my goal is to try to make a second patch when...
> Does libldap_r.so _not_ require any extra libraries for linking?

I don't know, hence the mid-patch
> If it does require extra libraries, are they the same as for the
> thread-unsafe library (on Linux, that is the case)?

Not sure what you mean
> If libldap_r.so does require the same libs, please add $EXTRA_LDAP_LIBS
> to the 'LDAP_LIBS_FE="-lldap_r"' line as well.

Will do
> If libldap_r.so requires different additional libraries, a second
> variable would be in place.

OF course
> Could you test compiling with --enable_thread_safety ?

Will do, but keep in mind that --enable_thread_safety doesn't work too
well for unixware (see template/Makefile.unixware)
However, if someone can help me, I'd love to fix the problem
> Yours,
> Laurenz Albe

Best regards
--
Olivier PRENANT                    Tel: +33-5-61-50-97-00 (Work)
15, Chemin des Monges                +33-5-61-50-97-01 (Fax)

От: Martijn van Oosterhout
Сообщение: Re: invalid input syntax for type timestamp.
От: "Albe Laurenz"
Сообщение: Re: unixware and --with-ldap