Re: unixware and --with-ldap

От Albe Laurenz
Тема Re: unixware and --with-ldap
Дата
Re: unixware and --with-ldap  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> Here's the diff for configure.in that works for me.

I have a concern about this patch:

>       if test "$enable_thread_safety" = yes; then
>         # on some platforms ldap_r fails to link without PTHREAD_LIBS
>         AC_CHECK_LIB(ldap_r, ldap_simple_bind, [],
>              [AC_MSG_ERROR([library 'ldap_r' is required for
LDAP])],
> !            [$PTHREAD_LIBS])
>         LDAP_LIBS_FE="-lldap_r"
>       else
> !       LDAP_LIBS_FE="-lldap"
>       fi
> --- 1122,1139 ----
>       if test "$enable_thread_safety" = yes; then
>         # on some platforms ldap_r fails to link without PTHREAD_LIBS
>         AC_CHECK_LIB(ldap_r, ldap_simple_bind, [],
>              [AC_MSG_ERROR([library 'ldap_r' is required for
LDAP])],
> !            [$PTHREAD_LIBS $EXTRA_LDAP_LIBS])
>         LDAP_LIBS_FE="-lldap_r"
>       else
> !       LDAP_LIBS_FE="-lldap $EXTRA_LDAP_LIBS"
>       fi

You left out the case where --enable_thread_safety is specified.
In that case, the frontend has to be linked with libldap_r.so
instead of libldap.so.

Does libldap_r.so _not_ require any extra libraries for linking?

If it does require extra libraries, are they the same as for the
thread-unsafe library (on Linux, that is the case)?

If libldap_r.so does require the same libs, please add $EXTRA_LDAP_LIBS
to the 'LDAP_LIBS_FE="-lldap_r"' line as well.

If libldap_r.so requires different additional libraries, a second
variable would be in place.

Could you test compiling with --enable_thread_safety ?

Yours,
Laurenz Albe