Re: [GENERAL] Postgres CGI Security Problem

От Maarten Boekhold
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Postgres CGI Security Problem
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sat, 8 Aug 1998, Shawn T. Walker wrote:

> Chris,
>
>     Have you considered using the Perl DBI module.  It will let
> you connect to a database with a username and a password.
>

> Chris Hardie writes:
>  > In anycase, I'm using the Postgres.pm module with PERL, and it doesn't
>  > seem to support the passing of a username/password pair (correct me if I'm
>  > wrong) from a CGI script.  I'll attempt to code that, unless someone has
>  > done it already.

Actually Pg.pm *does* allow you to connect with a username/password. If
you use the 'new-style' methods of Pg.pm, do $db->connect("dbname=.. user=..
password=..");. If you use the 'old-style' (like I do), use PQconnectdb()
with the same arguments.

Maarten

| TU Delft, The Netherlands, Faculty of Information Technology and Systems  |
|                   Department of Electrical Engineering                    |
|           Computer Architecture and Digital Technique section             |
|                          M.Boekhold@et.tudelft.nl                         |