Re: [GENERAL] Postgres CGI Security Problem

От Dustin Sallings
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Postgres CGI Security Problem
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> > Chris Hardie writes:
> >  > In anycase, I'm using the Postgres.pm module with PERL, and it doesn't
> >  > seem to support the passing of a username/password pair (correct me if
> >  > I'm wrong) from a CGI script.  I'll attempt to code that, unless
> >  > someone has done it already.
>
> Actually Pg.pm *does* allow you to connect with a username/password. If
> you use the 'new-style' methods of Pg.pm, do $db->connect("dbname=..
> user=.. password=..");. If you use the 'old-style' (like I do), use
> PQconnectdb()  with the same arguments.

    He said Postgres.pm, not Pg.pm.  There are three modules (that I've
used anyway) to do Postgres connectivity via perl:

    Pg.pm       (ugly, too C like for perl)
    Postgres.pm (very perl like)
    DBD::Pg     (best way to go, very similar to Postgres.pm)

--
SA, software.net         My girlfriend asked me which one I like better.
pub  1024/3CAE01D5 1994/11/03 Dustin Sallings <dustin@spy.net>