Re: [GENERAL] PostgreSQL: copying data from file

От Oleg Broytmann
Тема Re: [GENERAL] PostgreSQL: copying data from file
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello!

On Thu, 26 Nov 1998, Dmitry Iv Popov wrote:
> Well, now I have the following problem: base exported from
> VFoxPro  (with delimiters '|') contains russian characters
> and command 'copy' produces the error:
>
> // unreadable symbols are russian letters
> rscexamdb=> copy exam with oids from '/opt2/home3/auricvision/db.txt'
> using delimiters '|';
> WARN:pg_atoi: error in "й РПЕЛ НЯМНБМШЛ РХОЮЛ ХМБЕЯРХЖХНММШУ
> ОПНДСЙРНБ ПШМЙЮ ЖЕММШУ АСЛЮЦ НРМНЯЪРЯЪ:": can't parse "й
> РПЕЛ НЯМНБМШЛ РХОЮЛ ХМБЕЯРХЖХНММШУ ОПНДСЙРНБ
> ПШМЙЮ ЖЕММШУ АСЛЮЦ НРМНЯЪРЯЪ:"
> rscexamdb=>

   Looks strange. I am using postgres with russian with great success:

COPY positions FROM stdin USING DELIMITERS '|';
1|ЯБХМХМЮ|1|"5 days"|15|1|A
2|ЦНБЪДХМЮ|1|"5 days"|15|2|A
3|ЛНКНЙН|2|"5 days"|15|3|A
4|ЬНЙНКЮД|4|"5 days"|15|4|A
5|ОЕКЭЛЕМХ|1|"5 days"|15|5|A
\.

   This work fine, and I have never experienced any problem with "foreign"
letters.

Oleg.
----
    Oleg Broytmann  National Research Surgery Centre  http://sun.med.ru/~phd/