PostgreSQL: copying data from file

От Dmitry Iv Popov
Тема PostgreSQL: copying data from file
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Greetings,

great thanks to Paul Ramsey, Mr. Ramaswamy, Ulf Mehlig and
Peter Mount for their useful advices!

Well, now I have the following problem: base exported from
VFoxPro  (with delimiters '|') contains russian characters
and command 'copy' produces the error:

// unreadable symbols are russian letters
rscexamdb=> copy exam with oids from '/opt2/home3/auricvision/db.txt'
using delimiters '|';
WARN:pg_atoi: error in "й РПЕЛ НЯМНБМШЛ РХОЮЛ ХМБЕЯРХЖХНММШУ
ОПНДСЙРНБ ПШМЙЮ ЖЕММШУ АСЛЮЦ НРМНЯЪРЯЪ:": can't parse "й
РПЕЛ НЯМНБМШЛ РХОЮЛ ХМБЕЯРХЖХНММШУ ОПНДСЙРНБ
ПШМЙЮ ЖЕММШУ АСЛЮЦ НРМНЯЪРЯЪ:"
rscexamdb=>

exam is table with fields char(1024), char(100), char(100),
char(100),  char(100), int,  int, int,  int, int, int and I
can't imagine  why the  error is  in  'pg_atoi'  function -
it seems  to be postgres  tryes to convert  first string of
data file to integer  (althrouh first field in the table is
char(1024))!

What should  I do with  it?  May be  I should  use copy the
file as binary one?

P.S.: command '\copy' (\copy exam from db.txt) in psql says
 'Broken pipe.' and just quits.

--
  BEST WISHES, Mitlas
  Webmaster, Auric Vision Ltd.