Re: [GENERAL] table protections?

От Oleg Broytmann
Тема Re: [GENERAL] table protections?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello!

On Wed, 25 Nov 1998, Gilley, Charles H. wrote:
> Okay, trying to turn on web access to my table.  Pending some changes
> to the pg_hba.conf file, I have the following on my tables:
>
>  +------------------+----------------------------------------------------+
>  |  Relation        |             Grant/Revoke Permissions |
>  +------------------+----------------------------------------------------+
>  | tblauthors       | {"=","www=r"}                                      |
>  ~                  ~                                                    ~
>  | tbltopics        | {"=","www=r"}                                      |
>  +------------------+----------------------------------------------------+
>
> Note the first "=" in the permissions.  What does this mean - that
> public has no access?  Also, how is the owner dealt with in the
> permissions?

   Yes , it means no public access.
   Owner? Very imple - you have no access too!

   When you create a table, you have full access to it. But once you run
GRANT -what- ON table TO www
you loose all you rights. You should include yourself into GRANT:
GRANT -what- ON table TO myself.

Oleg.
----
    Oleg Broytmann  National Research Surgery Centre  http://sun.med.ru/~phd/