Re: debug_level 0 does not stop debug messages

От Jon
Тема Re: debug_level 0 does not stop debug messages
Дата
Re: debug_level 0 does not stop debug messages  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
Список pgsql-bugs
Hi,
    I'm not using pg_ctl, I'm using postmaster directly.  So, in my case I
tried passing "-d0" to it, but it had no effect.  Command line:

postmaster -i -d0 -D /var/pgsql/data -c syslog=2

Any ideas?  I could patch the code to remove the excessive elog's in the
vacuum command, but I'd rather understand how elog interacts with the
global DebugLvl variable.

JP

On Tue, 1 May 2001, Justin Clift wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This might sound weird, but try "
>
> pg_ctl start -o '-d0'
>
> Include any other options you need of course too.  The point is not
> having a space between the -d and the 0.
>
> This fixes things for me when I have the default startup options
> different, but need logging off for a while.
>
> Regards and best wishes,
>
> Justin Clift
>
> pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org wrote:
> >
> > JP (smasher@bikerider.com) reports a bug with a severity of 2
> > The lower the number the more severe it is.
> >
> > Short Description
> > debug_level 0 does not stop debug messages
> >
> > Long Description
> > I'm trying to silence the annoying output generated by vacuum.  I've
> > tried both command line options (-d 0, -S (with syslog enabled)) and
> > postgresql.conf (debug_level = 0, silent_mode = 1).  Setting debug
> > level to 0 should silence these messages, but still let errors through.  Setting debug level higher seems to
generatemore output, which is great.  just be nice if the vacuum output were at level 3 or