Re: debug_level 0 does not stop debug messages

От Justin Clift
Тема Re: debug_level 0 does not stop debug messages
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Hi,

This might sound weird, but try "

pg_ctl start -o '-d0'

Include any other options you need of course too.  The point is not
having a space between the -d and the 0.

This fixes things for me when I have the default startup options
different, but need logging off for a while.

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org wrote:

> JP (smasher@bikerider.com) reports a bug with a severity of 2
>
> Short Description
> debug_level 0 does not stop debug messages
>
> Long Description
> I'm trying to silence the annoying output generated by vacuum.  I've
> tried both command line options (-d 0, -S (with syslog enabled)) and
> postgresql.conf (debug_level = 0, silent_mode = 1).  Setting debug
> level to 0 should silence these messages, but still let errors through.  Setting debug level higher seems to generate
moreoutput, which is great.  just be nice if the vacuum output were at level 3 or