Re: [HACKERS] PostgreSQL 6.5.1: libpq++ libraries on IRIX 6.5

От Yu Cao
Тема Re: [HACKERS] PostgreSQL 6.5.1: libpq++ libraries on IRIX 6.5
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi Tom, thanks for the tip. I ended up just adding a few lines to
Makefile.shlib. Attached is the context diff. The patch has been
tested on IRIX 6.5.2 with MIPSpro C and C++ compiler version 7.2.1
using -n32 ABI.

--Yu Cao

On Sat, 4 Sep 1999, Tom Lane wrote:

> Yu Cao <yucao@falcon.kla-tencor.com> writes:
> > I'm not sure whether using "CC" to create libraries for the pure C
> > modules would work (my guess is it should and I'll try it). If it does
> > then it'll be easy to patch the IRIX makefile template. But then the
> > downside is people will be required to have the C++ compiler even if
> > they don't care about libpq++.
>
> Not necessarily.  Since 6.4 or so, the "template" files are not just
> static assignments of variable values --- they can actually contain
> arbitrary fragments of shell script (see configure.in's code that
> reads them).  So you could do something like
>     if [ -x /usr/bin/CC ]
>     then
>         CC= CC
>     else
>         CC= cc
>     fi
> in the IRIX template.
>
>             regards, tom lane
>
> ************

*** Makefile.shlib.orig    Sun Sep  5 23:30:36 1999
--- Makefile.shlib    Sun Sep  5 23:41:09 1999
***************
*** 61,66 ****
--- 61,72 ----
    shlib := lib$(NAME)$(DLSUFFIX).$(SO_MAJOR_VERSION).$(SO_MINOR_VERSION)
    LDFLAGS_SL := -shared
    CFLAGS += $(CFLAGS_SL)
+   ifeq ($(NAME), pq++)
+     AR := CC
+     AROPT := -ar -o
+     LD := CC
+     LDFLAGS_SL := -shared
+   endif
  endif

  ifeq ($(PORTNAME), freebsd)

От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] relcache.c leaks refcnts
От: "Ansley, Michael"
Сообщение: RE: [HACKERS] Postgres' lexer