Re: [HACKERS] PostgreSQL 6.5.1: libpq++ libraries on IRIX 6.5

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] PostgreSQL 6.5.1: libpq++ libraries on IRIX 6.5
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Yu Cao <yucao@falcon.kla-tencor.com> writes:
> I'm not sure whether using "CC" to create libraries for the pure C
> modules would work (my guess is it should and I'll try it). If it does
> then it'll be easy to patch the IRIX makefile template. But then the
> downside is people will be required to have the C++ compiler even if
> they don't care about libpq++.

Not necessarily.  Since 6.4 or so, the "template" files are not just
static assignments of variable values --- they can actually contain
arbitrary fragments of shell script (see configure.in's code that
reads them).  So you could do something like
    if [ -x /usr/bin/CC ]
    then
        CC= CC
    else