Re: [GENERAL] status on IPv6 implementation...

От Lorenzo Huerta
Тема Re: [GENERAL] status on IPv6 implementation...
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Does it treat the ip as text, or numeric value?

On 6 Oct 1998, Tom Ivar Helbekkmo wrote:

> Date: 06 Oct 1998 10:25:28 +0200
> From: Tom Ivar Helbekkmo <tih@nhh.no>
> To: Lorenzo Huerta <lorhuerta@yahoo.com>
> Cc: pgsql-general@postgreSQL.org, lorenzo@nmsu.edu
> Subject: Re: [GENERAL] status on IPv6 implementation...
>
> Lorenzo Huerta <lorhuerta@yahoo.com> writes:
>
> >   I was just wondering if the IPv6 datatype has allready been
> > implemented on the current version of postgres.
>
> IPV4 will be in 6.4, but IPV6 won't.  I've left comments and hooks all
> over the IPV4 implementation, marking where to extend it to support
> IPV6, but I haven't actually done so yet.  The data type is variable
> length, so that when it starts to support IPV6, existing tables will
> not need to change, and can have IPV6 addresses dropped into them.
>
> -tih
> --
> Popularity is the hallmark of mediocrity.  --Niles Crane, "Frasier"

Thanks,

     *  Lorenzo J. Huerta                                             *
     *  Programming Assistant                                         *
     *  Computing & Networking Networking Architecture and Operations *
     *  New Mexico State University                                   *
     *  phone: (w)(505)646-2582 (h)(505) 521-8699 fax:(505) 646-8139  *
     *  e-mail: lorenzo@nmsu.edu                                      *
     *  Web Site: http://web.nmsu.edu/~ljhuerta                       *