Re: [GENERAL] status on IPv6 implementation...

От Tom Ivar Helbekkmo
Тема Re: [GENERAL] status on IPv6 implementation...
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Lorenzo Huerta <lorhuerta@yahoo.com> writes:

>   I was just wondering if the IPv6 datatype has allready been
> implemented on the current version of postgres.

IPV4 will be in 6.4, but IPV6 won't.  I've left comments and hooks all
over the IPV4 implementation, marking where to extend it to support
IPV6, but I haven't actually done so yet.  The data type is variable
length, so that when it starts to support IPV6, existing tables will
not need to change, and can have IPV6 addresses dropped into them.

-tih
--
Popularity is the hallmark of mediocrity.  --Niles Crane, "Frasier"