SUMMARY : postgresql6.3.2 installation problems under Solaris 2.6

От Murat Balkas
Тема SUMMARY : postgresql6.3.2 installation problems under Solaris 2.6
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi,

 I solved my problems. If you get this error when you try to initialize
the database you should check the PGLIB environment variable. It should
refer to the right version.

 Another tip : flex 2.5.4 and bison 1.25 should be installed. Without them
I got too many problems during configuration.

 Another tip : You should use gcc instead of cc when installing under
solaris. gcc 2.8.1 works fine.

 Special thanks to :

 The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>
 "Gilley, Charles H." <Charles.Gilley@glenayre.com>

Murat

---------------------------------
This is the error message :

[sparc4_20:pgsql:~]initdb

We are initializing the database system with username pgsql (uid=205).
This user will own all the files and must also own the server process.

Creating Postgres database system directory
/telusr5/pgsql/usr/local/pgsql/data

Creating Postgres database system directory
/telusr5/pgsql/usr/local/pgsql/data/base

Creating template database in
/telusr5/pgsql/usr/local/pgsql/data/base/template1
ERROR:  pg_atoi: error in "NAMEDATALEN": can't parse "NAMEDATALEN"
ERROR:  pg_atoi: error in "NAMEDATALEN": can't parse "NAMEDATALEN"
Quit - core dumped
initdb: could not create template database
initdb: cleaning up by wiping out
/telusr5/pgsql/usr/local/pgsql/data/base/template1