Re: Connecting to Postgres from Windows

От Indraneel Majumdar
Тема Re: Connecting to Postgres from Windows
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
check your pg_hba.conf file for correct permissions. you need to have host
based authenticationenabled for the network/hosts from where you are
trying to connect.

HTH
\Indraneel

On Fri, 3 Nov 2000, Umashankar Kotturu wrote:

> Hi
>
> I am connecting to postgres in a java program running on windows 98.
>
> a) I am running the postgres on linux with -i option
> b) I am using the url as "jdbc:postgresql://<ip-address>:5432/testdb"
>
> The program is unable to resolve the url? The same thing happens when
> executing the java code on the linux machine (same as that running
> postgres). However if I put 127.0.0.1 (or localhost) instead of
> <ip-address>, it resolves and works fine.
>
> Any suggestions on what could be the problem ?
>
> Regards
> Uma.

# Indraneel Majumdar                  ¡  E-mail: indraneel@123india.com  #
# Bioinformatics Unit (EMBNET node),  ¡  URL: http://scorpius.iwarp.com  #
# Centre for DNA Fingerprinting and Diagnostics,                         #
# Hyderabad, India - 500076                                              #

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: