Connecting to Postgres from Windows

От Umashankar Kotturu
Тема Connecting to Postgres from Windows
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Hi

I am connecting to postgres in a java program running on windows 98.

a) I am running the postgres on linux with -i option
b) I am using the url as "jdbc:postgresql://<ip-address>:5432/testdb"

The program is unable to resolve the url? The same thing happens when
executing the java code on the linux machine (same as that running
postgres). However if I put 127.0.0.1 (or localhost) instead of
<ip-address>, it resolves and works fine.

Any suggestions on what could be the problem ?

Regards
Uma.