compiling on SGIs

От Melanie Renee Nelson
Тема compiling on SGIs
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi--

I, too, am new to psql. However, we did manage to get postgreSQL
version 6.3.2 running on an Indigo2, running Irix 6.2. It required using
gmake and flex instead of make and lex. Otherwise, we pretty much
followed the instructions in the documentation, and didn't have any
problems. Unfortunately, I do not know much about compiling, either, so I
cannot troubleshoot Henrique's problems. I will forward the error messages to
the systems adminstrator who helped me with the installation, and see if
he can help. If he can, I will have him post the answer to this list, if
no one else has already.  I am posting this message now because he is
notoriously busy (aren't all sys admins?) and I don't know if he'll be
able to get to this quickly or not, and I wanted to let Henrique know that
it is possible to run postgreSQL on your SGI, so don't let your boss give
up! I did a fair amount of checking before I chose postgreSQL for my
project, and I think it is definitely better than any of the affordable
windows-based products.

We will also look into uploading the binaries. I have only had postgreSQL
coompiled for a couple fo weeks, so I hadn't thought about that yet.

--Melanie

Melanie Nelson                        mnelson@scripps.edu
Graduate Student                      http://www.scripps.edu/~mnelson
The Scripps Research Institute        (619) 784-9879

excerpt of original message:

>    Hi everyone.
>
>    I am new to postgres.   I need a relational db that can be used with
>a web client
>from any plataform, and this seems to be it, BUT.....
>
>    Our lab has ONLY sgi machines.   Indigo 2s running Irix 6.2, an
>Origin 200 running
>IRIX 6.4,  and a lonely Indigo running IRIX 5.3 !!!
>
>    I have read about all the problems with the ld on IRIX 6.2 and
>6.4,   and try to follow the
>installation instructions, and did not have any luck on all 3
>systesms.   Here is a little summary
>of what I did !!!   BTW, these systems are patched up with the latest
>patches, so, it has the
>latest compilers, on the 6.2 and 6.4, and 5.3 has the latest of what it
>can have ( I think it is 7.1 for
>the c compiler, but I am not sure there ).

....deleted for space.....

>    SO !!!!!      Any help ?   Did anybody had some luck with SGIs ?
>How do I get rid of this errors,
>and or warnings ?     Since I do not have much experience with unix
>compilation,   I am in a loss
>here !!  My boss wants this up and running ASAP, or else, he will buy a
>windoze app, argh !!!!!!
>
>    If anybody has binaries, it would be nice to have them uploaded to
>the postgres site !!!!!

- --
        Henrique Moreira da Silva Jr    |
        X-ray Crystallography Lab       |       voice:(617) 632-3981

        Dana-Farber Cancer Institute    |       fax:  (617) 632-4393
        44 Binney Street, SM 1036       |
        Boston, MA 02115                |   henrique@red.dfci.harvard.edu

От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: [ADMIN] Question about multiple postmasters
От: "Ricardo AG Almeida"
Сообщение: pg_dump