Re: XADataSource interface

От Heikki Linnakangas
Тема Re: XADataSource interface
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
On Mon, 31 Oct 2005, Kris Jurka wrote:

> On Sun, 30 Oct 2005, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
>
>> The failures at testRecover and testRollback were because
>> PGXAConnection.rollback method called Xid.equals with null argument.
>> I added a null-check for that, see attached patch.
>
> Applied.  I'll put out a new dev release with the xa patches later tonight.
> Can you clarify what does/doesn't work in xa for the docs?

Thanks!

English is not my native language, so please check spelling:

"
The JTA specification requires an XADataSource implementation to
support transaction interleaving (see JTA spec section 3.4.4). However,
since PostgreSQL server doesn't support it natively, the JDBC driver
cannot support it either. The same goes for suspend/resume.

In practice, transaction managers don't need transaction interleaving or
suspend/resume to function correctly. Some commercial databases
also don't implement them natively, but emulate them in the JDBC driver.
That's error prone; PostgreSQL driver will throw an XAException instead.
"

The docs should also include instructions for using the XADataSource.
Example configurations for various application servers would be a nice
too.

- Heikki