Re: [HACKERS] template/alpha_cc

От Pedro J. Lobo
Тема Re: [HACKERS] template/alpha_cc
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 3 Feb 1999, The Hermit Hacker wrote:

>On Thu, 4 Feb 1999, Tatsuo Ishii wrote:
>
>> >On Wed, 3 Feb 1999, Tom Lane wrote:
>> >
>> >Nothing new gets added to the REL6_4 branch, period.  Personally, there
>> >also will never be a v6.4.3, so the REL6_4 branch effectively died the day
>> >v6.4.2 was released...
>>
>> That's fine. I'm just curious why that file once existed in 6.4,
>> vanished in 6.4.2, then appears in current.
>
>According to the log file, this was only created on Dec 18th, after v6.4
>was released (see below)...looking at the v6.4.2 distribution, there is a
>template for just 'alpha' that was added June 12, 1998...this split
>doesn't appear to have been done for/before teh v6.4.2 split though...

Ehm, let me clarify this thing. This file is part of a patch I submitted a
few days (or maybe hours) before 6.4.2 was released. Bruce applied the
whole patch to the 6.5 tree, but only a part to the 6.4.2 tree,
because he considered that the whole patch was too "dangerous" to apply
(because there wasn't time to test whether it affected the other
platforms). So, the 6.4.2 tree has template/alpha, and the 6.5 tree
has template/alpha_cc and template/alpha_gcc, but not template/alpha.

Since then, I haven't had the time to download and test the 6.5 branch to
see how things are now (for DU 4, at least). I will do it ASAP.

BTW, Compaq has changed the operating system's name from "Digital Unix" to
"Tru64 Unix". I will update the docs to reflect this change when I have
the time.

Pedro José Lobo Perea                   Tel:    +34 91 336 78 19
Centro de Cálculo                       Fax:    +34 91 331 92 29
EUIT Telecomunicación - UPM             e-mail: pjlobo@euitt.upm.es