Re: [HACKERS] postgres/alpha problems

От Pedro J. Lobo
Тема Re: [HACKERS] postgres/alpha problems
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 10 Mar 1998, Bruce Momjian wrote:

>> > Ok, I could do the cvs stuff. No promises about time, though. Marc? How
>> > can we do it?
>>
>>     *pop head up*  Do what?  Only way of grabbing the current source
>> tree is via CVSup...I could make a tarball of the CVS repository available
>> as of the time of the v6.3 release, if that helps...?
>
>He needs a login to postgresql, and do cvs extracts based on date with
>the -D option.  He will test Jan 15, and go a month forward or backward,
>until he finds the date that initdb fails.

It seems that I don't need such a thing. I am using cvsup right now, and
it seems to work well... except that it's been running for more than an
hour and I only have the 'COPYRIGHT' file :-( The overseas connection is
terribly slow. At night (between 0:00 and 7:00 MET, which is 18:00 - 1:00
EST, I think) it goes better, but that way I could only get (and try) one
snapshot each day. Slow, but... I am downloading now the Jan 1st tree.
We'll see what happens.

Pedro José Lobo Perea                   Tel:    +34 1 336 78 19
Centro de Cálculo                       Fax:    +34 1 331 92 29
EUIT Telecomunicación - UPM             e-mail: pjlobo@euitt.upm.es