Re: [HACKERS] postgres/alpha problems

От Kent S. Gordon
Тема Re: [HACKERS] postgres/alpha problems
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

Stuff deleted.

    > It seems that I don't need such a thing. I am using cvsup right
    > now, and it seems to work well... except that it's been running
    > for more than an hour and I only have the 'COPYRIGHT' file :-(
    > The overseas connection is terribly slow. At night (between 0:00
    > and 7:00 MET, which is 18:00 - 1:00 EST, I think) it goes
    > better, but that way I could only get (and try) one snapshot
    > each day. Slow, but... I am downloading now the Jan 1st tree.
    > We'll see what happens.

Why get the snapshots instead of the entire RCS files using CVSUP?
use

*default release=cvs.

 This allows you to create any possible snapshot, by checking out of
CVS.  I have found this a much better way to track bugs.  This does
require additional disk space since you have a local copy of the CVS
tree, plus need space to check the actual source out from CVS.

--
Kent S. Gordon
Architect