Re: PostgreSQL, NetBSD and NFS

От Curt Sampson
Тема Re: PostgreSQL, NetBSD and NFS
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 30 Jan 2003, D'Arcy J.M. Cain wrote:

> Does the shared memory stuff use disk at all? Perhaps that's the
> difference between PostgreSQL and other applications.

Shared memory in NetBSD is just an interface to mmap'd pages, so it can
be swapped to disk. But I assume your swap is not on NFS....

A ktrace would be helpful. Also, it would be helpful if you tried doing
an initdb to a directory on the filer to see if you can even create a
database cluster, and tried doing that or rsyncing and accessing your
data over NFS with a NetBSD system as the NFS server.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs@cynic.net>   +81 90 7737 2974   http://www.netbsd.org   Don't you know, in this new Dark Age, we're
alllight.  --XTC

Сообщение: Re: [mail] Re: Windows Build System
Сообщение: Re: [mail] Re: Windows Build System