Re: MySQL vs. PostgreSQL

От Curt Sampson
Тема Re: MySQL vs. PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 10 Jul 2002, builder wrote:

> Which is better, PostgreSQL or MySQL? Both are excellent products with
> unique strengths, and the choice is often a matter of personal
> preference. Read on for a useful comparison of these two open source
> database systems.
> http://builder.com.com/article.jhtml?id=u00320020624gcn01.htm

For some definition of "useful." You say in your table that postgres
is slower. How did you measure this?

    Not many Web developers use PostgreSQL because they feel that
    the additional features degrade performance.

Why developers should feel that features such as MVCC will degrade
performance, I have no idea.

cjs