Re: I am being interviewed by OReilly

От Sam Liddicott
Тема Re: I am being interviewed by OReilly
Дата
Список pgsql-general

It isn't hard to pronounce; we know from anecdote that it is hard to
know-how to pronnounce.
And people can't always pause the world and run off to check if there is a
web site that has an mp3 on it.

I'm not for changing the name, even though I will call it postgres myself.

Some of the discussion here exists because postgres.org and postgres.com did
not redirect to the postgresql.org website.  Now they do, so I think much
reason to CHANGE the name instead of acknowledge the alias has gone.

BTW we might want www.postgres.org to issue an http redirect to
www.postgresql.org if you want to emphasise the real name, though I prefer
it how it is :-)

Sam