Re: I am being interviewed by OReilly

От Curt Sampson
Тема Re: I am being interviewed by OReilly
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sat, 6 Jul 2002, Ricardo Junior wrote:

> On Sat, 6 Jul 2002, Tom Lane wrote:
>
> > Had we capitalized the name like "PostgresQL" maybe the correct
> > pronunciation would be more obvious.
>
>     Maybe not so obvious when people start asking what this "QL"
> means. ;-)

That's obvious. Since QL means "query language," "Postgres QL" would
refer to the old, QUEL-derived query language that Postgres used before
it was ripped out and replaced with SQL, right?

"Postgres" is simple, people use it anyway, and everybody now knows that
Postgres uses SQL instead of its own query language now, so I think it
would be a very good to just switch back to to that. With the demise of
Great Bridge, we even have the postgres.org domain name free for this now.

cjs