Re: I am being interviewed by OReilly

От Kym Farnik
Тема Re: I am being interviewed by OReilly
Дата
Список pgsql-general
G'Day  :-)

> No one pronounces MySQL as Mice-QL.

Wanna bet?

I have heard some atrocious and perverted attempts at both
MySQL (micesql, my sequel, etc) and PostgreSQL, but then
again I am an Aussie and live is Orstralia (.AU) where we speak
Strine (Australian).

Which brings up the old Sequel vs S Q L. (Dont go here)

The people who have the most problems are non-technical.
Our previous Business Development Manager almost choked
on PostgreSQL when he first came across it.  He was reading
for a presentation and did not ask first.  So when it came
to say the word it was 'Postgrrrr....mumble'.  Luckily it
was not in front of a customer :-)

Anyway... Love it or hate it: Postgres is what we use
internally and Postgres Q L in front of customers.

Regards, Kym Farnik (mailto:kym@recalldesign.com)
-- Recall Design     http://www.recalldesign.com
53 Gilbert Street, Adelaide, South Australia 5000
Direct: (61-8) 8217 0556
Fax:    (61-8) 8217 0555
Mobile: 0438 014 007

Сообщение: Re: I am being interviewed by OReilly
Сообщение: Re: I am being interviewed by OReilly