Re: COPY support in pgsql-jdbc driver

От Michael Adler
Тема Re: COPY support in pgsql-jdbc driver
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Dave,

It doesn't appear to be.

ResultSet rs = local_statement.executeQuery( "copy cashier to stdout" );

Unknown Response Type H
        at org.postgresql.core.QueryExecutor.execute(QueryExecutor.java:117)
        at org.postgresql.Connection.ExecSQL(Connection.java:398)
        at org.postgresql.jdbc2.Statement.execute(Statement.java:130)
        at org.postgresql.jdbc2.Statement.executeQuery(Statement.java:54)
        at com.ics.eagle.other.RemoteSync.main(RemoteSync.java:121)

On 14 Jun 2002, Dave Cramer wrote:

> Michael,
>
> There have been a few ppl who have asked for that type of functionality
> in the driver. I don't believe it is a jdbc standard though?
>
> Dave
> On Fri, 2002-06-14 at 11:35, Michael Adler wrote:
> >
> > Has anyone tried to implement COPY in the jdbc driver? Is there any
> > limitation in the current design that prevents this or makes it very
> > difficult?
> >
> > The perl interface seems to support this based on the libpq library.
> > Obviously we won't use libpq, but it remains an example of one way to do
> > it.
> >
> > I'm poking at the source, but I thought I'd gauge interest and fish for
> > hints.
> >
> > Mike Adler

Mike