Re: Problem with JTA/JTS

От Johan Svensson
Тема Re: Problem with JTA/JTS
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
On Fri, 2002-06-14 at 17:07, Dave Cramer wrote:
> Tom,
>
> I'm embarassed to say this but looking at the code it appears that the
> backend connection isn't really closed at all. I think putting in a
> Pooled Connection will help this greatly.
>
> So this probably fails after you get to maxConnections. Is that correct
> Johan?
>
> Dave

Seems to be the case. When maxConnections are set to 32 I get 32
iterations in my test before exception. When I changed maxConnections to
8 I got 8 iterations.

I run the Test and just as I get the exception the message "FATAL 1:
Sorry, too many clients already" is printed to console. About half a
second or so later I get <maxConnection> number of "DEBUG:  pq_recvbuf:
unexpected EOF on client connection" to console.

It looks like a new connection is created for every transaction and when
the transaction is complete the connection isn't released at once but
about 1 second later.

As you say, pooling connections would probably do the trick.

/Johan

Сообщение: Re: COPY support in pgsql-jdbc driver
Сообщение: Re: COPY support in pgsql-jdbc driver